Longstanding Panic! At The Disco manager, Scott Nagelberg has revealed the original working titles for the A Fever You Can’t Sweat Out. Turns out the original titles were a lot less verbose than those that made the tracklist.
Nagel shared a photo of the working titles on Instagram. “Unearthed the master of AFYCSO while packing up the apartment this weekend- almost 14 years old to the date!,” he wrote.
“Nobody could have predicted the wild ride ahead with four kids who had never played a show outside of Vegas. I was 24 and remember hearing people discuss that letting me managing Panic would be good experience to learn how to make a record (which I had never done before)… learn I did, and continue to.
“The heart, creativity, trust and dialogue with Brendon is truly something special, and if you couldn’t tell, I’m feeling super grateful (and a bit reflective) to be playing role in all of the beautiful insanity that is Panic. #FlamChorus”
Flam Chours. Flam Chours. I just… there are no words. Also, a world where ‘Lying Is The Most Fun A Girl Can Have Without Taking Her Clothes Off’ is called ‘Sweat’ and ‘But It’s Better If You Do’ called ‘Cabaret’ is not a world I want to live in. Where would we all be if the sweet baroque anthems of Panic! At The Disco didn’t direct us to the iconic Natalie Portman-led film, Closer.
Horoscopes are now redundant, we only identify with Panic! At The Disco working titles now.
Suss the original A Fever You Can’t Sweat Out tracklist below.
1. “Intro” vs “Introduction”
2. “Applause” vs “The Only Difference Between Martyrdom And Suicide Is Press Coverage”
3. “NYC” vs “London Beckoned Songs About Money Written By Machines”
4. “Nails” vs “Nails For Breakfast, Tacks For Snacks”
5. “Relax” vs “Camisado”
6. “Time to Dance” vs “Time to Dance”
7. “Sweat” vs “Lying Is The Most Fun A Girl Can Have Without Taking Her Clothes Off”
8. “Interlude” vs “Intermission”
9. “Cabaret” vs “But It’s Better If You Do”
10. “Flam Chorus” vs “I Write Sins Not Tragedies”
11. “Esteban” vs “I Constantly Thank God For Esteban”
12. “Top HAts” vs “There’s A Good Reason These Tables Are Numbered Honey, You Just Haven’t Thought Of It Yet”
13. “Favorite Things” vs “Build God, Then We’ll Talk