It’s been a little over a week since the shocking news that Fall Out Boy‘s upcoming album M A N I A is being delayed, but we’re getting more and more details about the album. In an interview with Billboard, Pete Wentz has revealed some exciting info, which we’re going to bullet-point for you right now:
- There are no artist features on the album at this stage. This means the Brendon Urie feature that has been loosely teased isn’t locked in, or looking promising.
- Pete wants Rihanna to do a vocal feature on the album. He also opened up about the fact that Rihanna has been top of his and Fall Out Boy’s list for over a decade for a vocal feature.
- The album is looking to have 10 tracks at this point, and all up there’s six songs written so far.
- The rest of the album isn’t as “sonically a left-turn” as Young and Menace and Champion, but still considers it their “job as artists to continue to evolve”.
- The MANIA Tour setlist will feature some of the unreleased songs from the album.
When asked about the musical direction the album is taking, Pete has said that this album is set to keep the bands’ foot firmly in the punk genre that they have their roots in, stating “What’s interesting with Fall Out Boy is we have guitar, drums and bass, but we’re finding ways to incorporate other ideas. What I liked about The Clash was how they used and twisted those influences.”
Australia and New Zealand are set to be the first countries that Fall Out Boy will be touring after the release of M A N I A, and you can get all the info on the tour HERE.
You can read the full interview with Billboard HERE.